Thursday, May 2, 2024

A Simple Spring Wreath

 


I stumbled upon a great technique for painting a wreath on Instagram. (I wish I could remember the artist!)

You begin by painting the rim of a cup in brown paint, and then placing that (like a stamp) directly onto the paper. Do it several times, layering it slightly so that you get a natural look. And then, go back and fill in with flowers and leaves.


This was so simple, and the results are very sweet.


Who knows? Maybe I will start using watercolors on some of my cards as well.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet, simple idea! Leslie Watkins of Dandelion Cottage Designs watercolors on her cards and they are beautiful! She loves nature and gardening so all of her projects are inspired by that love. You might like her style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice! Seems like it would be very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete