Saturday, May 4, 2024

For the Bees

 


Sometimes, I get an item that looks too good to be true...like this nesting bee flower. Will it work as advertised?

I had this one propped on my potting table, waiting to be installed in the garden. And look! Bees were already making it their home!

The idea of these nesting houses is that the bees will build here instead of somewhere you do not want them...like on your porch or deck.


I had to very carefully move this one a few yards away and up in a tree.


Hopefully, this will encourage the bees to pollinate my garden and not my people.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of these. What a nifty idea! Is there one for wasps lol? They are the stinkers that always attempt to build nests around our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, works for wasps, too! You can find other versions in house shape at places like Ace Hardware.

      Delete