Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Blue Roses

 


Two of our choir members are getting married this Saturday. How wonderful is that? I am sure that Mike and Cindy will make beautiful music together. I will be picking up their wedding cake on Saturday morning and helping to serve guests at the reception afterward. I ordered a cake with blue flowers, because Cindy told me that was the color they would be using for the wedding.


I decided to make a wedding card for the choir to sign at our practice tonight. I incorporated shades of blue in the flowers.


{Today's Brew: Gran's Garden stamps and dies (PTI), Tucked In Wedding sentiment (PTI), Nordic circle frame (The Greetery), CP inks}



Right after I had finished this card, I was reading a chapter in the book A Home in Bloom by Christie Purifoy titled "Blue Roses". How funny! She talks about the rose wallpaper of her bedroom as a girl, and her love for all things floral.


I've been reading several of Christie's garden-inspired books this spring, and have really enjoyed her thoughts and style. Part devotional, part personal essay, and part garden enthusiast, they also include beautiful photographs and flower tips.

I, too, enjoy all things floral. I'm heading off to the garden center today to do a little more dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment