Monday, May 20, 2024

Going Postal

 


Postal things are having a moment in the crafty world. Waffle Flower has a full line of postal dies and small images for creating these "stamps", all with different themes. Very cute.

I decided to pull out some Hello Bluebird stamps and dies and give it a try.


I got this die from HB last year, and was kinda confused how to use it. When you run it through the diecut machine, it cuts the postal frame, and then you have this separate section in the center. It wasn't until I looked at a bunch of samples that I finally figured it out. When you use scissors or a paper cutter and cut along the dotted edge of those little rectangles, it makes nine little postage stamps, and then a separate banner frame to use on projects. I suppose you could use it without cutting it apart, too. But if you want postage stamps, you have to cut them apart.


I decided to use a bunch of little images from this HB stamp set. After stamping and coloring with COPICS, I used ink and small blenders to color each little postage stamp.


{Today's Brew: Hello Bluebird stamps, HB Postal frame die, Simple Stories paper, CP inks and sequins, COPIC markers, Wink of Stella}


Speaking of postal, I managed to get ten cards mailed at the post office today. Woo hoo! It always makes me happy to pass these little creations along.

Happy Monday, café friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment