Monday, June 3, 2024

Fireflies and Lanterns

 


Here's another card I made using the lantern dies from Catherine Pooler. This time, I wanted the feeling of a starry summer night and fireflies.


I incorporated some vellum on this card. The flames were die cut from vellum and inked. Then, to give the look of glowing fireflies, I die cut some small circles, inked them, and glued them on top of the stamped firefly (or is it a moth?).


I made the circle sentiment look like the moon with some ink blending.

{Today's Brew: Lantern dies (Catherine Pooler), starry cover plate die (CP), CP stamps, CP inks, Lawn Fawn grassy die, metallic card stock}

We took a trip to Indiana last week, and visited some of our favorite towns. In New Harmony, we had a magical night filled with fireflies and the sound of cicadas. So peaceful!

No fireflies yet here. That's usually a June occurrence. 

Hope your day is looking bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment