Friday, June 28, 2024

Kind Strangers

 


I visited my Mom in law at the care facility this week. I brought her some flowers and chocolates, along with a summer devotional.

I was sitting outside in the front courtyard, talking with some residents, when another couple came by. They were also visiting a resident that day. 

The gentleman saw my devotional, where I'd put my Mom in laws name on top.

"Are you Brooke?" he asked.

"No, that's my Mom. I'm bringing this in for her."

"Let me see that," he said.

He then proceeded to pull out some fancy markers. He opened up the book to the first page and wrote this in calligraphy:


Beautiful!

He told me how he'd learned this from his art teacher, who happened to be someone famous. Ever see Touchdown Jesus on the side of the library building at Notre Dame University? That designer was his art teacher! How cool is that?



I'm so thankful to be living in a place where you can still talk with strangers and share a little kindness.

Our world needs more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment