Monday, July 1, 2024

Happy July!

 


Happy July! We are in full summer mode here. Lots of garden time (me) and biking time (Ed) and rolling in the warm freshly cut grass time (Jemma).

We had our deck re-painted this June. After five years, it was showing some wear and tear and wood rot. Now, it's fresh and pretty again, and we have all the tables and chairs and loungers out, ready for outdoor relaxation and dining.

June marks the halfway point of the Year of Plenty, and can I tell you that I failed miserably at the concept last month. First, there was a great clearance sale at Scrapbook.com. And then there was the annual Warehouse sale at Concord and 9th. Then Catherine Pooler released a tennis and pickle ball set that called my name. And wouldn't you know, Hello Bluebird ended the month with an inventory clear out sale yesterday as they transition to a monthly kit concept.

Too many sales! I was weak! Looks like I will be doing a lot of writing in July to pay for all of it. How will I ever find the time to craft with all the new supplies?


I wouldn't call my Concord and 9th purchases "impulse buys" though. These were on my wish list for a long time. Friendly Florals, for example. I have loved all the cards made with this stamp and die set. I know that I will use this one for a LONG time to come.


Black-eyed Susans? Purple Coneflower? Why not both?


The purple coneflower are in full bloom in the butterfly garden now, and I've been getting lots of winged visitors. One of the varieties is a more typical mauve-ish pink, but this one is fuchsia. So pretty!

I hope to have lots of new creations to share this month. I may even start some "Christmas in July" crafting to plan ahead. I know that I have EVERYTHING I need for Christmas cards. I will not be tempted AT ALL by company releases. Nope. Not gonna look. Not gonna look!

It's a new month, friends! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment