Monday, June 10, 2024

Melamine Season

 


Who can forget the summer of 2020? That first summer of the pandemic was surreal, to say the least.

I recall that I was doing a fair amount of online ordering from Walmart in those days. Not toilet paper. LOL! Just an odd assortment of items that made home a little homier. A crock pot. Some table linens. And a big assortment of melamine dishes from the Pioneer Woman.


The newest summer issue of Pioneer Woman magazine has a cute two page spread devoted to melamine dishes. I love these for easy summertime meals. They are lightweight, sturdy, and great for loading up and taking outdoors to the deck to eat.


I pulled my dishes out and put them on display in the hutch recently.


I had to add these adorable stuffed chickens that I found in the Target Dollar Spot before Easter. So fun!


I thought these Ball canning jars would be great for fast and easy flower vases this summer.



Indoor outdoor living is what summer is all about. Just ask Jemma! She is inside and outside about fifty times each day. And if I'm not fast enough in responding, she will even let herself back in through the sliding screen door, or she sometimes pushes her way out the front glass storm door. As you can imagine, it's always a big surprise for the door-to-door salespeople when 80 pounds of golden comes out to the sidewalk to greet you! (Yep, happened twice today!)

Hope your day is full of golden surprises, too!



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your decorating style! It's sweet, simple, cozy, and it reflects what you love and what's important to you.
    I thumbed through the summer issue of PW magazine, too, and the spread on Eleven Mile Farm caught my attention because it's near Pittsburgh. And because of the PW article on them, I discovered they provide flowers for weddings - yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that feature, too, Nicole! The house and gardens were beautiful!

      Delete