Thursday, July 25, 2024

A Tale of Two Cobblers

 


It is peach season here in Michigan. A, what a glorious time of year! You have to enjoy peaches while they last, which is typically not long unless you are canning or freezing them.

My favorite orchard, Bennett's in Ottawa Lake, has been keeping me in a steady supply.

I used them to make a peach cobbler about two weeks ago. I used a recipe from a Pioneer Woman cookbook. The recipe put the sliced peaches on the bottom, and then a crumble coating on the top.

Well, we found that the peaches cooked down too much, the crumble baked up too much, and it felt more like a cake with a moist bottom.


I had more peaches (yes, I've been to the orchard twice. Don't judge!), so I tried a different cobbler last night. This one was from Pinterest (TidyMom.Net), and it was interesting. Melted butter at the bottom of the pan, then the flour mixture, and then the peachy spicy sugar combo on top. Do not stir together, just layer.

And let me tell you, this one was the winner!


Summer is short and life is sweet. Enjoy every last bit of it!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I found the recipe you used and will try it. I got 3 boxes of peaches from The Peach Truck. We are mostly eating them fresh, but I did slice and freeze some. I was going to make peach ice cream but I think I will make vanilla ice cream and this peach cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to freeze some, too. I like to eat them au naturelle, but my husband says he prefers them in cobbler. ha!

      Delete