Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Old and New, Part 2

 


There were so many tempting things in the Concord and 9th Inventory Blow Out sale...so many cute products that had been on my wish list. It's easy to load up that online shopping cart with a long list of wants. But then I start to debate wants vs. needs and whittle down my list.

For example, this In the Garden turnabout stamp set was only $6. That's a $20 item, normally. And it coordinates with Friendship Garden stamps and dies. But I had other products from other companies that were very similar to those stamps and dies.

Take, for example, these stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn. The perfect size, the perfect theme...meant to be!


Here's how I typically use the Turnabout stamps. I cut a piece of card stock into a square. In this case, it measures 5 3/4 inches square. I place the stamp on the MISTI platform, ink it with a color, and stamp. Then I turn the card stock to the right once, new color, stamp. Turn the card stock to the right, stamp. These stamps come with a turnabout placement jig, but I find this method to be easiest for me.

Then, after four inks, I have a square of what looks like patterned paper. I cut this one into four diagonal sections and used it to make four cards.


I paired the turnabout panels with the Floral Vines cover plate from Concord and 9th for an extra botanical element. The sentiments are from Catherine Pooler's Something for Everyone stamps.

Bring new life to old stamps and dies is always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment