Monday, July 22, 2024

Looking for Butterflies

 


I've been waiting for the arrival of the butterflies this summer, but I have not found many. I think I saw one monarch last week, but that's about it. I wonder, is it too soon? My butterfly bush has just begun to bloom, so maybe that will attract them.

In the meantime, I made some paper butterflies instead.


I've had this stamp and die set from Concord and 9th for a long time, and I'm not sure if I've ever used it until now. It's a lovely set, too!


Here's my pro tip: After gluing something extra delicate, you may end up with the evidence all over the card stock after it dries. I like to disguise the dried glue by spraying with some sparkly glitter spray. Works like a charm.


My butterfly garden is being overrun by milkweed, as usual. I've been inspecting for any signs of eggs or caterpillars.



I did find this sweet little ladybug who came to visit.

 

The natural world gives me all kinds of reasons to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment