Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Coffee, A New/Old Way (and a coffee card do-over)

 


I recently decided to switch up my coffee routine. I tend to go back and forth between my makers, but a few months back my beloved Senseo coffee maker died. RIP, special pod maker! And sadly, Phillips has stopped making them in the US market, so even the pods were becoming increasingly hard to find. I may have to snag one from Facebook Marketplace or Ebay one day.

I found myself using the Keurig more and more. Honestly, it's never been my favorite. First of all, KCups are pricey. Second, it only makes a mediocre coffee. But it was convenient. Third, those plastic KCups can't be good for the environment...or for our bodies.

I started thinking about all of that plastic that was being heated and added to my daily drink and ingested. Our modern bodies do not need any more plastic than we're already consuming.


I've been buying whole bean coffee lately and grinding my own. And these Single Origin Organic coffees from Aldi are very good...and a bargain! Less than $6 a bag. I make them in a Kitchenaid drip coffee maker that dispenses into a travel-size mug. Perfect.


And for my afternoon treat, I enjoy this new-to-me coffee roaster. Numa is a Christian-owned Michigan roaster, and their espresso is delicious!

And here's a coffee card do-over! I had elements from another card at my craft desk, and decided to give it another try.


Same colors and papers, same elements, different result.


I added the sentiment from Riley and Company, and stamped and embossed some beans to make them glossy.


I think I like this one much better.

Simple is best...with coffee-making and card-making.

I'll be procraffinating today and tomorrow, as rains from the hurricane head up north.

Blessings, café friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment