Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Marigolds and Frugal Moments

 


You can always tell that I've been on a road trip when I have a needle art project to show you. It's a fun way for me to pass the time as my husband does the driving.

I stitched this little marigold, the third I've finished from the N series of Lori Holt's Stitch Cards. 


This project was made very frugally. Both the rubber Darice hoop frame and the Aida cloth came from my local resale shop. And the good Lord knows I have plenty of DMC!

I know there are stitchers out there who would look down upon a fun and fast project like this. I can hear them now.

"I only stitch on linen."

"I only use hand dyed and variegated threads, like Weeks or Valdani."

"I only use custom hand made frames."

Good for you!

But not every project needs to be heirloom-worthy.


This one is going on my hutch, along with the gnome and mushroom I stitched earlier this summer.

Fun. Because that's what summer should be all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment