Friday, August 23, 2024

Post Elopement Celebration!

 


Hello, café friends!

I thought I'd share a few photos of an event that's been the focus of my attention in August...a surprise post-elopement Star Wars themed party to celebrate the wedding of our son, Luke, and his bride, Candi!


We came up with the perfect plan. My husband would take everyone to the movies, and during those two and half hours, we'd set up everything for the party to surprise them when they came home!

And when they pulled in the driveway, lots of family were waiting for them outside with glowing red and blue lightsabers in hand!

I made some invitations and sent them out to family members last month. I used this stamp set from Catherine Pooler to make lightsabers for the cards!


I ordered a cake with a wedding/Star Wars theme, which I had to pick up after the left for the movie. Sam and his sweet girlfriend/fiancé Rhiannon helped me do all the decorating...balloons, banners, tassles. They helped set up tables and put out tablecloths, while I gathered all the supplies I'd hidden in storage...plates, cups, napkins, plasticware, coolers and ice and drinks.

We ordered a lot of gourmet pizzas from a local restaurant, and had salads and appetizers ready. I even found Star Wars themed Oreos for the occasion!




We had corn hole and camp chairs outside. It was very casual and fun.



The happy couple with my sweet Mom!


I made a fun scrapbook using the Simple Stories Say Cheese Galaxy collection. One of my great nieces took photos of all the guests using a Fuji Instax camera. She did a great job! I also had guests write any wedding wishes for the couple.





And here's the card I made for them:



Were they surprised? Oh, yes they were! We all had a great time just being together. I'm glad we had a chance to celebrate this milestone occasion.

In October, the couple will have a slightly fancier party at a local restaurant in Indianapolis so that all of their local friends and co-workers can join in. We look forward to attending that one, too.

Summer and all of its celebrations are winding down now. Hoping to do some crafting in this downtime.

How are you spending your last days of summer?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Even though you say it was casual, it's obvious you put a lot of thought and work and creativity into this celebratory event. I'm sure your son and daughter-in-law felt so loved.
    My last days of summer are being spent coaching middle school cross country and planning my oldest daughter's wedding and bridal shower. Thursday I'm driving to Erie to help address the save the date cards with her, her future mother-in-law, and my youngest girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your days are filled with good things, Nicole! My husband spent some time biking along the Allegheny this week, and said it was beautiful. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Looks awesome, super cool and fun! Congratulations to you and your family, wishing the happy couple much love and joy!

    ReplyDelete