Sunday, October 20, 2024

Pastor Appreciation Month

 


October is Pastor Appreciation Month. I wanted to come up with a small gift for all of our staff to let them know how much we love them.


And nothing says love like cookies! I made some Scottish Shortbread last night, stored them in Ziploc baggies, and placed them in brown paper lunch bags tied with ribbons and a fall leaf.

I have two shortbread pans from Nordic Ware that I love. This one is great for autumn.


It doesn't get more basic than a four ingredient cookie! But oh what magic happens when those four ingredients are combined! Such a great cookie to enjoy with a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa.

I think this week I will attempt a new recipe I found for Apple Cider Snickerdoodles. You can find it on the King Arthur Baking website. It looks perfect for this time of year!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, your pastors will feel very appreciated! I went to Nordic Ware's site to look for the pan you used and found fall cookie stamps instead. I didn't buy those but instead I'm going to watch for spring cookie stamps to use to make cookies for the table at my daughter's May wedding (a cookie table at a wedding is a very Pittsburgh tradition).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The cookie table! I love that tradition! My nephew had one at his wedding last month, and I was so happy! I thought of you today when I picked up a bag of King Arthur flour.😊

      Delete