Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Year of Plenty: Tea Things and Embossing Folders

 


Concord and 9th has really been testing my strength when it comes to curbing the crafty spending. Each month, their releases have been amazing, and this month was no exception.

First, it was the birds. And then it was the tea pot and cups. So cute! The set is called Afternoon Tea, and they've paired it with dies and stamps and even embossing folders.

I'm so glad to see that embossing folders are making a comeback. I have a lot, and I really like the look of them. They can add just the right texture to backgrounds and die cuts, too.


I really really thought I needed it all...and then I asked myself if I could achieve the same look with what I have. And you know the answer to that question!

I pulled out this Cup of Tea stamp and die set from My Favorite Things...a classic! Some crafty things never go out of style. I grabbed the stamps and dies from Stampin' Up called Needlepoint Nook.

That's one of the things that Year of Plenty is teaching me. I can get creative by combining different stamps and companies that at first glance might not seem to go together. And the Greetery's Cozy Coaster die goes with everything!

I also used a variety of embossing folders from Taylored Expressions and Stampin' Up. I found some word dies from Concord and 9th, and here's what I came up with:




I used Concord and 9th's card stock...I love their colors! I think that helps to give these cards the same vibe as the ones I saw in the new release.

I'm brewing up more tea ideas, so stop back to the café!

No comments:

Post a Comment