Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A New Moon

 


In today's "Use What You've Got" segment, I am featuring a Lawn Fawn stencil that I purchased a while back and had not gotten around to using yet.

It was finally time!

This one is called Nighttime Sky, and it makes a really cool full moon complete with craters, clouds, and a few stars.

I knew this would make the perfect backdrop for my one and only Halloween stamp, Hello Bluebird's Spooky Script. I don't make enough Halloween-themed cards to justify owning more than one stamp set, and this one is pretty darn cute. It has bats and ghosties and pumpkins and stars...it's more of a Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin sort of stamp set. Fun and whimsical.


I started with ink blending the moon and then the craters. Next, I masked the moon with  the solid circle and ink blended the night sky. I added some stamped stars  and bats, popped up some stamped ghosts, and added some twinkly star sequins.


I will be sending a stack of these out to the senior citizen ladies in my life. They will love them.

We are expecting to see a super Harvest Moon tonight, the brightest of the year. It will be a good night light for our Jemma walk.







2 comments:

  1. Those ghosts are so sweet! Do you still go on Splitcoaststampers? Falliday Fest is going on and one of the challenges is to use a moon on a card - your card fits that perfect, and it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get back to SCS! It's been a while!

      Delete