Thursday, October 17, 2024

Year of Plenty: Tea Things and Cover Plates

 


Card front cover plates are another great option when it comes to backgrounds for cards. I got some great options from Concord and 9th during their annual inventory blowout last summer. 


This one uses C and 9th Sunburst.


This is C and 9th's Quilted.


And this one is C and 9th's Stitched Vines.

So fun!

I think these cheery cards will make their recipients smile.

Here's my Year of Plenty update: I did a little calculating of my crafty spending this year as opposed to last year, and I'm happy to report that I've spent only half as much. That's progress, right?

Year of Plenty thinking trickled into other areas, too. Recipe swaps= Use what I've got in the pantry. Home Décor = Less is more. Clothing= Pair down the wardrobe so that I can see what I've got in my closet!

I'm currently in discussion with other family members about how to approach the holidays differently. A Thanksgiving potluck. A Christmas gift swap instead of buying gifts for everyone. My adult children really do not need us to buy them anything, and it's hard to come up with ideas. A food/consumable gift basket may be our route this year.

Tell me: Do you have a gift swap family plan? Do you play a funny white elephant style game? Secret Santa? I'm looking for alternatives.

2 comments:

  1. CUTE cards!! We're paring down Christmas this year, too. Our daughters are in that constantly-moving stage and the less they have to pack up and transport, the better. We are giving stockings plus 3 gifts, just like the Magi brought to baby Jesus.
    For Thanksgiving, we've had it catered in the last 3 years and it's been delicious! During the lockdowns, a family we know who's owned a catering business for 3 generations began offering holiday meals for pick-up as a way to generate enough revenue to keep on all the employees. The meals were so popular that they've kept them and that's how we began ordering them for Thanksgiving. It's a great meal cooked by someone else, warmed up by me, eaten at home, surrounded by family, with very little clean-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Nicole! We've done the 3 gift rule for a while, too, but I may pair down to just stocking gifts.

      Delete