I've been fluffing in the library this week. The Library. That's what I'm now calling Sam's old basement level bedroom. And why not? When you are an empty nester, you can shake things up in the house and use it as you see fit.
I told my husband that I needed a chair for this room.
"Why don't you use the chair in the corner of the basement movie area? We hardly ever use it there."
And he was right!
The only thing it needed was an ottoman to put your feet up. So I went to Target, and Ta Da! The perfect ottoman, and on sale, too.
I snagged it before one of the college kids grabbed it for their dorm.
In my town, the next week becomes super crazy as kids from all over the country (and the world!) descend upon Ann Arbor for move-in day at the University of Michigan. The Target associate told me "Don't come next week unless you want to be trampled!" ha ha
I pulled a floor lamp from the basement and moved it here in this corner, too.
(The door behind the lamp leads to a very small utility closet that we rarely use.)
We are starting to clean out my Mom's house. This weekend, I found some pretty magazines to take home and enjoy. This newspaper/magazine rack was a curbside find from ten years ago.
This room also serves as the guest room when the kids come home to visit. I'm calling the design choice "Dark Academia with a woodland twist".
My next project will be to build the Book Nook that my son, Sam gave me for my birthday this year. It will look perfect on these shelves!
I'm definitely going to enjoy this space in the days ahead. I'll add a candle, a comfort dog, a cozy blanket and a up of coffee for the perfect afternoon retreat.





No comments:
Post a Comment