Thursday, August 20, 2026

Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad summer


"I just need something in the W column," I told my husband this morning.

Do you ever feel like there's a mounting number of L's in the Losses column and not enough W's in the wins column?

That's how I've been feeling this summer.


Just this week:

*I got passed up for story assignments and don't know why

*I didn't even get an interview for a local job for which I thought I was perfectly suited

* The dentist said I need braces

*My cookies this morning came out flat

*Everything is either annoying me or disappointing me


We've decided to head up north for a few days to see if I can salvage this bad summer.

I need to dip my toes into Lake Michigan's cooling waters.

We're going to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit at the Frederik Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids. We'll head to Holland for a little sight seeing and beach time. And we'll spend as much time dining outdoors as possible, with drinks in hand.

In the meantime, I'm trying to catch beauty when I can find it.


A hummingbird in mid flight at my butterfly bush.


Lush gardens filled with buzzing bees.

I'm coming up with a plan on how to fill my future days with some good things. Music, writing, time connecting with people.

In the meantime, this too shall pass. Brighter days ahead, and all things autumnal to look forward to very soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment