Friday, August 14, 2026

One Week Later


It's been one week since my Mom's funeral, and I'm still processing through the grief and the joy, the loss and the victory.

It was a beautiful service where my mother gave her last confession of faith to her friends and family. And let me tell you, for being 92 and outliving many friends and family, she had a lot of people who came and shared their stories and memories. It was a testament to her love.


I've received so many beautiful cards and words. Thank you!

My siblings and I are starting the process of cleaning and sorting Mom's things...slowly. It will take time. You touch a thing, and it brings back a memory. Lots of talking. Lots of feelings.

A funny thing has happened this week. I dream of Mom every night. Nothing momentous. No earth-shattering revelations. Just Mom, quietly inserted into my dreams. Drinking coffee. Making tea. Holding a baby. Always there, for all the moments.

And that was my Mom. There for all the moments. 


And that will continue to be my Mom. There, in my heart, for all of my life's moments. 

What a blessing, and what a comfort.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment