Friday, September 11, 2026

25 Years, and Full Circle

 


Many of us know exactly where we were 25 years ago when we heard the terrible news. It was a day that none of us will forget.

I was a teacher at my local church preschool when we heard the news.

And here's the funny thing.

Twenty-five years later, I am making plans to return to the preschool once a month to play music for the children and lead them in song.


I'm calling this my "grandma fix". 

Even in the midst of sorrow, we need to find our joy.


I have been blessed. And I want to be a blessing to others. The school is not exactly down the road. It will be a 45 minute drive to get to them. But I'm comfortable with them, and happy to do it. It's a homecoming, of sorts. And I find I need to comforts of home at this stage of life.

Comfort and joy.

Blessings on your Friday, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Being around children forces one to be fully present in the moment and it's a wonderful way to forget troubles and get happy. You'll bless them and they'll bless you!
    I coach 7th and 8th grade cross country and even that age makes me forget everything outside of what we are doing right then.
    I understand what you mean about needing the comforts of home. I, too, have been blessed but I am struggling right now with this vague uneasy feeling of heaviness. Don't know where it's from or why I feel it, but it has me snuggling up closer to God and to my home. Big hugs from me to you, Mary Rose.

    ReplyDelete