I needed to get down to my Mom's house to do some sorting and organizing. It's a process, and it feels overwhelming. We are chipping away at it, one drawer and one cupboard and one closet at a time.
I decided to pop in to the orchard that was such a big part of our family's yearly traditions, Erie Orchards and Cider Mill.
The minute you walk into this building, you are greeted with the smell of freshly baked apple fritters. Resistance is futile. I had to buy them!
The reason I come to this orchard every autumn: they grow the most delicious golden delicious apples! I bought a BIG bag. I also got the last of the summer peaches (yay!) and a quart of their homemade apple cider.
It's such a cute homey, country orchard. Soon, it will be packed with school buses bringing children for their field trips. Every weekend will feature craft fairs and festivals. I managed to get their on a quiet afternoon, and I'm so glad I did.
If I had an Autumn Bucket List, this would be at the top.





No comments:
Post a Comment