Thursday, September 17, 2026

The Kitty Caper

 


My neighbor rang the doorbell the other afternoon to tell me that there was a cat stuck in the tree in our front yard. And as you can imagine, Jemma was standing at the base of that tree, fixated on that furry kitty.

Did Jemma chase that cat up the tree? Chances are good!


I had to drag Jemma into the house and then fetch a ladder.

The poor kitty was talking to me the whole time, in the most pathetic way that said "Lady, get me down from here!"

She knew exactly what I was attempting to do. After un-wedging her from the crook of these tree limbs, I managed to help her out, trying to calm her down and hold her near my neck. She quickly scurried over my shoulder, down my back, and leapt to the ground.


She ran to the woods and then paused. I told her that we were friends now, and she couldn't leave without saying goodbye.


So she came back, let me pet her briefly, and then went about her merry way. Funny.

She was such a beautiful cat. Clean, too. I've never seen her before, but she must be someone's pet.

It's always a wildlife adventure here at the cottage.



1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest story! And I love the ending - cats are smart and I could believe she understood what you were saying!
    Tuesday morning I walked my next-door neighbor's son to the bus stop (she had to leave for work early) and across from the bus stop is a creek and a large field. In the field were 8 deer chasing each other playfully. It looked like they were playing tag! Gio and I had the best time laughing at their scampering joy! Even wilder was that there were 3 turkeys in that field watching the deer play!

    ReplyDelete