Friday, October 2, 2026

Angela Harding-Inspired

 


I've long been a big admirer of Angela Harding and other linocut artists, many of whom come from the UK. It's such a lovely, hand-crafted look.

When I saw this new stamp set from Catherine Pooler for the holiday release, something about those birds really made me think of linocuts.


It got me thinking. Could I take these birds and use them with other companies' stamps to make something like a linocut?

I rummaged through my Woodware sets and pulled out a few.


I started with this set (by designer Jane Gill), using a Tombow marker to add some red berries.


Then I did a little masking to add some ink blending.


After masking off the bird here, I went back and stamped it into this space.





And then I finished off the card here:


For the cardinal card, I followed a similar method:


And finished off the card here:


It was fun using these sets and thinking outside of the box.

Next up, I will try these birds again and make some Christmas cards.

Happy Friday, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment