Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Skinnytaste


Lately, it seems like every time I've been pinning a recipe on Pinterest, it was coming from the Skinnytaste blog.

I checked out these two cookbooks from my local library. And after perusing, I knew I'd have to buy them and have them on hand. Gina Homolka has done an amazing job of taking every day (and not so every day) dishes and making them healthier. And in simple ways, too. No weird ingredients.

I'm not one to hop on the trendy lifestyle diet. But I confess, I've tried Trim Healthy Mama (too many fake sugars that never quite taste right), and I've tried Whole 30/Paleo (great for a month, but never gonna do it for a lifetime!).

Gina's books all started after she joined Weight Watchers. She loved to cook, and she tried to avoid processed foods. Just healthy, and delicious whole foods.


I made her healthy granola: oats, quinoa, flax seeds, nuts, berries, honey. Yum!


I added it to berries and Greek nonfat yogurt for a breakfast parfait. Mmm...good!



It's been hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle when winter lasts for six months. I think I've gained ten pounds since moving back to Michigan. Mind you, they are happy pounds. Festivals, restaurants, microbreweries, bakeries, church buffets, family get togethers. Food, food, food! A cookie here, a cake there, a cinnamon roll, coffee with half and half. And little by little, all those calories have really added up!

The happy pounds have got to go.

I'm also using the app My Fitness Pal to help me log my food and exercise and track my progress.

Waiting for spring to finally arrive so I can get outdoors and get some exercise. It will come, right? Right?

One day!

Blessings, cafe friend!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I just put these 2 cookbooks on hold at my library! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete