Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Stars


I became weary with the world this week.

Does that ever happen to you?

It wasn't one thing. It was many things. You watch a program. You read an article. You see so many things that are backwards and upside down.

And it just makes you weary.

It is good to go to the Word and hear what God says about this world.

It is good to know that Jesus, too, got tired of having to put up with a "faithless generation". (Mark 9:19)

A generation that calls evil good and good evil, who puts darkness for light and light for darkness. (Isaiah 5:20)

It makes me tired.

And when I sit down to pray "Come, Lord Jesus!", I really do mean it. Today, Lord. Come!

Because I am tired. Tired of the sin that so easily entangles and corrupts us. Tired of the world. Tired of myself, most of all. My thoughts. My words. My deeds. My secret and not so secret sins.

And that's when I take them to the cross. Daily. Crucified with Christ. Repentance and the forgiveness that I so desperately need. That the world so desperately needs.


And so I sit and stitch and think about the God of the universe, who cared so much for us, His broken creation, that He provided the only way to restore it again...through His Son.


I pray for my children. I pray for this generation. I pray for the church. And I know that God, who knows all the stars by name, has power and dominion.

My husband says that I look too serious when I stitch. I think that's because I'm concentrating and counting and praying. Do I worry? Sometimes I do. But I will try to look up at the stars and remember...God is amazing.

"Pray, and let God worry." -Martin Luther

4 comments:

  1. Your writing and analysis perfectly sums up my mood this week also. Where do I look but to the hills. I appreciate your faith statements and even more your proactivity in stitching instead of stewing like me. Hugs and blessings for a better week. Come, Lord Jesus, come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Vikki!I will look to the hills, too! Thanks for the reminder! [hugs}

      Delete
  2. My feelings exactly. Yes, look to the hills! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know why this did not identify me.
    Arlene L.

    ReplyDelete