Saturday, July 28, 2018

Inspired by Cherries


It's fruit season here in Michigan. Peaches, blueberries, early apples, and cherries!


Traverse City is quite the foodie town, and every year they celebrate the Cherry Festival in early July.


Sam and I stopped in to Cherry Republic, where I had a delicious salad featuring Michigan apples and dried cherries!




We also stopped in to American Spoon, where I bought a LOT of amazing jams, compotes, maple syrups,butters, and sauces, all locally sourced.



Hey Michigan friends! Temperance made the map, but not Lambertville! LOL! Saline is there, too, right near Ann Arbor!


This week, I've been making homemade granola using the cherries and maple syrup I found on our trip up north!


This recipe comes from the blog On Sutton Place, and you can find Ann's recipe for Olive Oil Granola here:

https://www.onsuttonplace.com/homemade-olive-oil-granola-recipe/

I made this for my sons, I made this for my mom, and I made this for the house. Such a nice gift to give to family and friends!


I'm feeling a little fruity this time of year, so today's card reflects that!

{Today's Brew: Fruit Fusion Cherries (PTI), Garden Variety (PTI), PTI inks/card stock/papers, PTI button, baker's twine, MFT cross stitched frame die, border die}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today! Blessings on your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment