Saturday, October 27, 2018

A Sweet Treat For Autumn


My nephew, James, had his twentieth birthday yesterday. James is an awesome guy. His nickname these days is Thor because, yes, is tall with longish blonde hair and a big muscular build, thanks to Crossfit. A good looking guy! He provided a lot of muscle for us when we moved in to the cottage last summer.

For many years, I've made this candy mix for James for his birthday, and he still requests it. It's one of those compelling snack mixes that you cannot stop eating.

Today I am sharing with you this very complicated recipe. Ready for it?


Dry roasted peanuts, M and Ms, and candy corn. Yep, that's it! Something about the mix of peanuts and candy corn tastes a lot like a Babe Ruth candy bar. I added M and Ms because who doesn't love chocolate, right?

I decided to make a topper for this gift in a jar. I typically have a LOT more paper than I do fabric, so I decided to use a cute fall print from Stampn' Up.

I found a plate and used it as my circle pattern, drawing it with a pencil and cutting with scissors.


Next, I turned to jar upside down and centered it on the circle. Then, I slowly folded up some sides, making pleats or folds like you would a curtain.


Then I turned the jar right side up and secured everything with a length of stitched ribbon.


And there it is! A sweet treat! I was going to use some rick rack scissors to cut off some of the excess paper around the edges, but guess what? I sold all of those annoying scissors at one of my infamous garage sales. Ha ha!


Hope your weekend is sweet, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment