Friday, October 26, 2018

Split Front Birthday Card


Happy Friday, cafe friends!

Today, I have a fun new layout to show you. This is a split front birthday card. The key to making this card is that you need a big mat shape (in this case, it's the tree rings from Concord and 9th) to serve as the anchor for the top and bottom, as you can see in the next photo.


Isn't that fun? Another thing to keep in mind when making this card is that your inside sentiment needs to be smaller than that outside mat shape so that it hides underneath when the card is closed.


As you can see here, my birthday sentiment hides nicely under that tree ring stamp image.

Pretty cool, huh?

I've been loving the stamps from Concord and 9th lately! I recently got a few new to me sets from the Destash forums, and I am loving the images. They seem to make really simple, classic cards without a lot of fuss. I like that!

{Today's Brew: Tree Ring stamp (Concord and 9th), Lawn Fawn leaves and hello die cuts, Lawn Fawn papers, PTI card stock and ink, Rustic Button twine}

Tell me...what stamp companies have you been crushing on lately?

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I appreciate another idea for using that tree ring!

    ReplyDelete