Friday, November 9, 2018

Autumn Trees, Winter Trees


I looked outside yesterday, and saw a beautiful sight. It was early evening, the sun was beginning its descent, and the red maple in the backyard was glowing.




It was so pretty! I knew I had to grab my camera and take some photos before the leaves had fallen completely.



There was no wind, warm light...the perfect time to take photos of cards outside! So I grabbed a box, propped them up, and took a series of photos to post in the days ahead.

Today's card is so simple. The trees are the star of the show! I've been drawn to simple cards like this one lately.


{Today's Brew: Through the Trees (PTI), PTI card stock and ink, Lawn Fawn woodgrain paper}

This morning, we awoke to a blanket of snow. It is falling now, even as I sip my first coffee. And that beautiful maple? Well, it is quickly losing its leaves. If you listen, you can hear them making a crackling noise as they plummet to the ground below.




There is beauty in every season. I will miss the tunnels of golden and crimson leaves as I drive through the country here in Michigan. But I will also admire the stillness of the winter white landscape. Time to pull out my flannel lined jeans and woolen sweaters and take a walk.

Blessings on your Friday, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment