Monday, December 10, 2018

Bringing A Little Christmas Joy To Unexpected Places


The boys were all coming home last weekend, and I wanted the house to look festive. Not over-the-top Hallmark Christmas movie version of festive. Just Cozy Cottage Christmas festive.

I was shopping at Macy's when I spotted these Christmas bath boxes. Everything you could need to bring holiday cheer to the bathroom!


The shower curtain!


The totes adorbs shower curtain hooks!


Even the bath mat and hand towels!

The box had a sticker price of $80. But of course, after sales and discounts, I think I got the whole thing for $25.

And as every good Northerner knows, you get more bang for your buck with snowmen because you can keep them up all winter.

I added some winter artwork from my stash...



...and a little winter woods decor from my stash...



...and just like that, I transformed the bathroom into "a winter wonderland", according to my sons.

They know I'm a crazy lady, but they humor me.

I think it's fun to bring a little Christmas joy into all the rooms of the house.

I was listening to a Perry Como Christmas album (thank you, Spotify!) for nostalgia this weekend. My Dad loved Christmas AND Perry Como, so I miss him something awful this time of year. Perry was singing the song "Love In A Home", and the lyrics say this:

You can tell,
When you open the door!
You can tell,
If there's love in a home!

Every table and chair seems to smile,
Do come in, come and stay for a while.
You almost feel you've been there once before,
By the shine and the glow of the room!

And the clock seems to chime,
Come again anytime,
You'll be welcome wherever you roam!
You can tell when there's love in a home!

Isn't that the sweetest song? I hope that's how my family always feels about our home, too.

Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Winter wonderland indeed! You're so lucky to have a Macy's nearby as ours closed three years ago. There clearance sales are amazing and you did well. BTW I often read your posts without leaving a comment but they are all appreciated.

    ReplyDelete