Monday, December 17, 2018

The Magic of Stamping Off


Do you remember when you first started paper crafting?

I do! It was twenty years ago, and I was living in a 900 square foot cottage that we fondly referred to as the Love Shack. :)

I loved stamping, and I wanted it all! But funds were limited back then, and I often had to find ways to make do and stretch my creativity as a newbie.

One of those ways was the technique known as stamping off. By using one ink pad, you could create several other shades just by stamping off on a piece of scrap paper, and then stamping again without re-inking.

It was magical!


Sometimes, I have to remind myself of the old techniques, when the craft was simpler and not so cluttered with the latest and greatest product.


I had so much fun stamping off for these envelopes. And when I was finished, I had to ask myself "Why am I not doing this more often?"


Simple and sweet. Just as I had envisioned.

Blessings on your week, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment