Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Blogging News and Birthday Cards


Hello, cafe friends! It's a frosty, icy morning here...another snow day!

For starters, I need to tell you about blog changes that have been made via Google.

If you have saved my blog or want to visit on occasion, please make sure you are using the new secure : https://maryrosescafe.blogspot.com address from now on.

Google no longer will show followers on the blog, so that feature has been eliminated.

If you use Google+, that has also been eliminated.

In addition, Google will no longer support Open ID comments. So please, leave comments! I miss you all! But make sure you are a registered Google commenter. Thank you!

Now that business has been taken  care of, on to the card!


I wanted to try a pretty watercolor background for this stamp set from Concord and 9th. Sure, I could have painted each flower and leaf separately, but this way seemed a lot cooler.

I used Strathmore watercolor paper, and colored directly onto it with Prima watercolor pencils. Then, using a water brush, I blended and voila. Simple and easy! I shot it with the heat gun and made sure it was dry. Then, I put the whole card front panel into my MISTI and stamped over the watercolor with Versafine Onyx ink. If you've ever tried to stamp directly onto watercolor paper, then you know it can be hit or miss with coverage. But with the MISTI, if it looks like the ink is uneven, you can re-ink and stamp again. Problem solved!


And let's talk about that banner die. Swoon! Be still my heart, I love it! I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder, and then popped the whole thing with foam dimensionals.

{Today's Brew: Banners and Blooms stamps and die (Concord and 9th), Prima watercolor pencils from Scenic Route collection, Versafine onyx ink, embossing powder, watercolor paper, PTI card stock}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment