Friday, April 19, 2019

The Shelf Life of Classic Stamps


I recently purchased the PTI stamp set "Egg Hunt" with matching die from a buy/sell forum...cheap. Maybe $7. The stamps were well loved (a.k.a. they needed a really good cleaning and some care), but still fine. The die alone was worth the price!

I went on Pinterest, looking for samples, and discovered that this stamp set is nine years old.

I think it looks just as sweet and current today as anything being released on the market.

And that's the key with classic stamps. They have a much longer shelf life.


I guess that's what I always loved about Papertrey Ink. The color family never retired, and it always looked fresh. The stamps and papers they offered would be something you could use a decade down the road. That, my friends, is a good craft investment.

Of course, this is from PTI back in their heyday, with designers like Nichole Heady and Heather Campbell and Betsy Veldman. Sadly, that PTI dream team (among others) is no more. But that doesn't mean I can't snap up some great deals and find some of the ones that got away.


I added a nice bible verse inside of the card, so that it wasn't all about eggs and springtime.


{Today's Brew: Egg Hunt stamps and die (PTI), banner die from PTI quilted, PTI inks and card stock, PTI button and button twine, Lawn Fawn sunshine and grass dies}

Blessings on this Good Friday, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! All the many stamp choices today are overwhelming to me. Happy Easter! M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find. Nice use of the stamps, die and pattern papers and for adding a scripture inside.

    ReplyDelete