Saturday, August 17, 2019

Front Porch Reading


I spend a lot of time on the front porch in the summer. It's shaded and cool, and Jemma can perch on the sidewalk and watch the world go by. It's a great place to connect with the neighbors, too.


I found this sweet caned side table at our neighborhood garage sale this spring. My friend Linda from church was selling it, and I knew I had just the spot for it.


I have barely put a dent in my ambitious summer reading list. Too busy this summer! I did just finish this book, and it was a very sweet story. The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay is published by Thomas Nelson books, and I think it just came out this spring.

This weekend, we are giving a little love and attention to the front porch. First project: painting the wood stained porch railings to match the siding (same color as the newly finished deck).


I am always amazed by the transformative power of paint. Just painting these railings has made the porch so much lighter and brighter.

We will need to paint the concrete another day. I also have big plans for our windows, but will save that for another day.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment