Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Memory Keeping (and keeping the feels in check!)


Hello, cafe friends! Sorry for the absence. I've been working on a project recently. And this is it. I am getting all the boxes of photos out of storage. It's a big job! Sorting. Organizing. Deciding what photos can be thrown away (I'm talking to you, photo of a tree!).


See that pile of boxes? Yikes! I'm trying to come up with a system. I have decided to put a lot of photos in simple albums. I am starting with one album for each son, an album for vacations, another for holidays, and one more for photos of all the houses we have lived in over the years.


I am also doing a little bit of scrapbooking. Not by year (because that would be cray cray at this point!), but instead by holiday. I have a small scrapbook for Christmas and another for Halloween. Nothing elaborate. That is why I love Simple Stories. You can find some really easy kits that are super cute.


Here's the thing about memory keeping. You can only do it for about an hour or two at a time because the emotions become overwhelming.

Oh, the feels!

My babies! Where does the time go?

My loved ones who are with Jesus now!

The passing of time!

It washes over me with each flip of the photo album.

Bittersweet.

Lovely memories. Good times. I want to remember all the blessings.

I still need to write a few thoughts to add to these scrapbooks too. But for now, I just want to keep them out and accessible so that the family can look at them whenever they want to...the good, the bad, the happy, the sad. 

Most of all, I hope they remember all the love.

How do you deal with photos? Are the majority of them stuck on a phone or memory drive, like mine? Or do you have boxes and albums? Do you keep them all or toss them and pass them along?

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment