Thursday, September 26, 2019

Quilted Autumn


Good morning, cafe friends! Autumn is officially here! The days are growing shorter, the evenings are cooler, and the world is becoming more golden every day. I hear that we can expect some record-setting heat next week. For the most part, the days have been breezy and sunny...my kind of weather!

I love all things autumn...apple pies, pumpkin spice lattes, cozy sweaters and good smelling candles. And of course, I love the colors of this season, too. I incorporated some autumn colors for today's caffeinated creation.


{Today's Brew: Quilted Autumn stamps and dies (Papertrey Ink), Quilted Tag die (PTI), PTI inks and card stock, amuse stitched ribbon, Stampin Up Quilted embossing folder}


If you have this set, or one similar, here's a little tip. After running the die through the machine, leave it on the cutting plate. Then, gently peel off each piece of cut card stock, stamping it and then gluing it in place in the proper spot, one at a time. It is a bit like a puzzle, trying to remember where each piece fits. This method saved my sanity.

I made this card just because I wanted to make a card. Does that ever happen to you? Sometimes, I need an "occasion", but often I just need to sit down a create to get inspired.

Blessings on your day, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Your colors are fresh and cheery! I can't seem to get by autumn without grabbing this stamp and die set each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I finally got all the Quilted stamps and dies this year, Vikki!I know I will use them for years to come!

      Delete