Monday, January 20, 2020

A Wonderful Day


Good Monday, cafe friends!

In my quest to use what I have, I found this stamp and die set from Concord and 9th that I purchased last year (in June!) and had yet to use. I think, perhaps, the beautiful flowers intimidated me when I thought about all the coloring. But then I had a thought. How about NOT coloring all those flowers? Yes, that sounded like a good plan!


Instead, I stamped the image in Pale Peony ink on Pale Peony card stock, and then, went back with a white Gelly Roll pen and added some detail. I cannot believe what a difference that added touch of white brings to the card!

And speaking of white, I have been loving this roll of white baker's twine that I got from the Stampin Up. I like striped baker's twine, too. But sometimes, simple is best. This has a nice weight and it's easy to tie.


Another thing that made this card a little bit easier...the dies that allowed me to cut out the letters and glue them in place over the stamped image. One day, I will get out my watercolors or markers and try coloring the stamped image. But for now, this one was fast and easy!


So, how am I doing on my "Only spend $12 a month on my crafting" challenge? Not so good! Ha ha ha!

I have cut down a lot, though. I do have some gift certificates from Christmas that will help. But sometimes, in a weak moment, I will peak at what's happening at Creativation or the newest Lawn Fawn release and have that feeling of "Aaack! I want it all!"

There are some good MLK day sales going on today. Joann's has Distress Oxides for only $2.99, and you can snag 1.99 shipping, too. Will I stay strong? Probably not. 😀

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make the tone on tone background. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete