Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Hobby Lobby Style


I had a chance to visit a Hobby Lobby on Monday. It was fun to browse around and see what's new for spring.

Apparently, the Fixer Upper style is still evident in a lot of decor. I like it, but I think a little goes a long way. I like chalkboards, and a little galvanized metal can be fun. But I'm not about to cover all my walls in shiplap and subway tile.

Another trend...wooden hoops are big (like embroidery hoops), embellished with greenery. And eucalyptus is the new boxwood. Lots of greenery mixed with black and white buffalo check, too.


I pulled out another stamp set from Concord and 9th that I purchased on a great sale last June and had not used yet. This one is Shiplap Sentiments. I decided to die cut some branches from the C and 9th set Just Because, this time cutting them out with white card stock and using Distress Oxides to give them color.


I am always happy when I have an idea for a card in my head, and manage to execute it exactly as I'd thought. This is a super simple card, but I really like the look!

Another stamp set I can check off in my "Use What You've Got, Silly!" challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Neat card! I enjoy visiting hobby lobby for inspiration. On one of my recent trips I took a picture of the Valentine decor and got several ideas to make cards from supplies I already own. I find it fun to challenge myself. We are expecting a snowy weekend so I hope to have time to execute on my ideas. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably a good thing Hobby Lobby is a good ways away from where I live, I might be tempted to go there a wee bit too often! I love your pretty leaves against the black and white sentiment and background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, Mary Rose! When I was in HL yesterday, I saw so many flamingos - more than I have ever seen in my lifetime - lol!

    ReplyDelete