Thursday, March 5, 2020

A Coffee, a Card, and a Cozy Mystery


 I have been reading M. C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin mysteries for over sixteen years now. I know this for a fact because I brought the first book "Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death" with me to the hospital when I had Sam. And I've continued to read them all these years, aging right along with Agatha. I probably couldn't relate to her as well when I was in my thirties as I do now that I'm in my fifties! Such a funny character.

I really liked the latest installment, which was a big improvement compared to the last one. So when I went to read others reviews online, I was saddened to hear the news that the author, M.C. Beaton (Marion Chesney Gibbons) had passed away in December. Oh no! What will become of Agatha? Will she get her happy ending? I do so hope there's a final story tucked away somewhere. (I'm still so sad about Sue Grafton's passing and not finishing the Kinsey Millhone alphabet series that I can't even bring myself to read the final book yet!).


Acorn TV has a TV series based on the novels. It's a little different than the originals, but still fun. I love watching it for the scenery of the Cotswolds! I've only seen Season One, but there are two other seasons I hope to watch soon. Beaton also wrote the Hamish MacBeth series, which takes place in Scotland. I've read all of these, too.


So does anyone else love British cozy style mysteries? Do you have any favorite authors to recommend?

I received a lovely card from Helen via the Coffee Lovers Card Swap last week. Isn't it pretty? That background is awesome!


And for my birthday, I received this awesome pink Longaberger mug from sweet Shirley Ann. They made these once upon a time to benefit breast cancer research. So happy to add one to my collection!


Blessings, caffeinated friends!

1 comment:

  1. Every kinds of soap needs exclusive and unique packaging to grasp the attention of customers. coffee Boxes

    ReplyDelete