Wednesday, April 8, 2020

COVID-19 Plan: Comfy and Cozy


Last month, when all the changes started coming at us daily, I decided that I needed to make home as comfy and cozy as possible.

I want our home to be surrounded by pretty, useful things. Not HGTV, Wayfair staged pretty.

So I pulled out the things that said "home" and "spring" and "comfort". This beautiful quilt was in my mother-in-law's storage. I washed it and draped it on the couch. I LOVE the sweet calico fabrics and the spring colors!


Nothing says "homey" like a Granny square afghan! This one was a gift from our wedding thirty years ago! The yellow and green colors are perfect for spring.


Before all the craziness at grocery stores, I found some really nice soy candles at Meijer! Porchside Blossoms is a really nice, light floral. And next month, I plan on lighting Sweet Tea, which smells amazing! Lighting a candle just feels like holding on to hope.


I pulled out a few Easter things for the hutch.


Sharing space these days with my husband. LOTS more togetherness! The house used to be so quiet during the day. Even the dog is confused with all the daily activity now!


Having things handy, like wipes and hand sanitizer.


I needed a new Crock Pot, and this Hamilton Beach crock pot from Walmart and Pioneer Woman was too cute to pass up! Such a good deal! Six quart, with locking handles and rubber gasket for transport, $29.99!

And it's so stinkin' cute to boot! It really goes well with all my vintage pieces, like Pyrex.


And look! I already had the matching cutting board! I do love that Pioneer Woman style!


Most of the flat surfaces are covered with reading material. Devotionals, for when I need a little comfort and assurance that God's got this.


Magazines for inspiration.


Cookbooks to give me new ideas. I am working on a sourdough starter this week!


We "inherited" some kitchen island stools recently. I enjoy sitting at the island with my cup of coffee in the morning.


I've noticed that with the family gathered together all day, every day, it's getting a little harder to keep it clean. I'm vacuuming more, and straightening more. And don't even get me started on the cooking and baking and dishes! But that's okay. We are together, safe, healthy.


Home is a good place to be.

Blessings on your home and family, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. You are so gifted at making your space cozy and inviting. My grandmother was like that, too. Her home felt like a refuge and a safe place, where troubles couldn't get in or even exist. I've always strived to create that feel in my home, too. I tell my daughters I want to be the grandma whose arms are always open and whose cookie jar is always full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cozy, thanks for sharing, Easter Blessings to you and your family. I have really enjoyed your posts during these uncertain times. I love the faith of your family.

    ReplyDelete