Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Attention! Summer has NOT been canceled!


Attention! Summer has NOT been canceled! Yes, the circumstances surrounding our daily lives are slightly weird right now. But that does not mean that we cannot carpe the diem out of this summer.


Last week, we took a quick trip to Lake Michigan to visit South Haven and Holland and dip our toes in the water.


It is so important that we make these happy memories now. We only have two more summers before this handsome lad heads off to college. I plan on enjoying these days in any way possible.









For the record, the towns, shops, and restaurants were not crowded. Everyone was being polite and using masks indoors.



And yes, we washed our hands frequently. Good advice all year long!





Ed fit in a few bike rides, including this 35 mile trail from Kalamazoo to South Haven!



And I stumbled upon an art supply store in downtown Holland that had COPIC markers on sale! I filled in a few gaps in my red/pink/purple collection! (Thankfully, I had remembered that I had photos of the markers I had at home still saved on my iphone!)








That is the beauty of living in Michigan. No matter where you are, you are less than 85 miles from one of the Great Lakes. It was a short 2-3 drive, which makes us wonder why we aren't going more often.

Enjoy your summer, cafe friends!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! So good to get outside in the fresh air and see some different scenery. I'm sure it was a wonderful change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the excursion. We drove around Mt Hood last Thursday with a 4 mile hike in the afternoon to a beautiful falls. My first time out of town since March. It was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, great reminder, as it does somewhat feel like summer is cancelled. Looks like a great family excursion!

    ReplyDelete