Monday, July 20, 2020

It's Here! Concord and 9th Creating In Color!


Yay! After months of waiting and waiting, the new collection of inks and card stock from Concord and 9th arrived this weekend. Woo hoo!

Today, I am going to give a full review, along with comparisons to Papertrey Ink's color and card stock.


Look at those lovely colors! First off, the card stock is 80 lb, which is lighter than Papertrey Ink's standard 110 lb. So comparable to, say, Stampin' Up's card stock weight. That's fine, as sometimes a lighter weight is better for some projects and die cuts.


I love how the ink bundle comes in this nice case! So handy! They also provided stickers for the sides of the cubes.


The ink pads are really nice and quite juicy! They are firm foam, which is different than PTI's. The coverage is very nice ( a light touch works fine, no need to smash). My favorite part of these cubes? They have a satisfying click when they close. PTI's lids are sometimes a little loosey goosey.

Okay, on to the comparisons!

Here's a peek at the greens. C and 9th Sprout on left, PTI on right.



C and 9th Parsley, Clover, and Evergreen on left, PTI on right.



There are definitely some color options here. I find that C and 9th's Evergreen is a lovely color. I was never a big fan of the blue undertones in PTI's Pinefeather. Also, Clover is very unique and will make a great Christmas green.

On the left, C and 9th Grapefruit, Sorbet, and Marmalade. Yummy!



On the left, C and 9th Buttercup and Starfruit.



Time for blues!

On the left, C and 9th Oceanside, Peacock, and Midnight.


I like Midnight...a true navy.


C and 9th Aqua Sky and Sea Glass!


Sea Glass fills that void that PTI has in the pale robin's egg blue category.


As a comparison, you can see that PTI's Mint Julep still has more green.


Reds and Purples!
C and 9th Poppy, Cranberry, and Eggplant.

C and 9th's Poppy is a refreshing red! It has a touch of orange in it. Great for Christmas, too!



C and 9th's Ballet Slipper and Honeysuckle.



On to the neutrals! C and 9th Dove, Wheat, and Mushroom!



So what do you think? I hope these color comparisons help! I tried to take photos under my OTT lite for true color representation.

Some colors are very close to PTI, while others definitely fill a gap. Obviously, C and 9th has only debuted 22 colors, and I am sure they will release more in time.

I'm going to make some cards later today with the new inks and card stock, so make sure to stop back to the cafe for another cup of creativity!

4 comments:

  1. What a great comparison you made! Thank you for doing it. There are some nice, different colors in their collection. I'm really liking the Cranberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My box also came today with the sampler card stock and cubes. I love the colors. I have mostly Distress Inks and many Hero Arts shadow inks and only three PTI inks. They look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vikki led me to your blog as I wanted to know how these new inks compare to PTI. Thank you so much for taking time to do this comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So terrific of you to do this detailed ink comparison.
    This is very helpful, Maryrose!!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete