Sunday, August 16, 2020

Up North: A Quick, Safe Vacation in Michigan

 



It's no secret...I'm smitten with the mitten. The Mitten State, that is. I do love living in Michigan. So many beautiful destinations are just a short drive away!

We decided to plan a quick, safe getaway this week. Just three nights and four days up north. We took a lot of precautions, and I will share our strategies, along with our destinations, this week.

For starters, though, I wanted to share this fun card! I used Stampin' Up's Smitten Mittens stamp set to create this Michigan-inspired card!




{Today's Brew: Smitten Mittens (SU), evergreen stamps (Neat and Tangled), MFT stencil, Distress Oxides, C and 9th inks, PTI card stock}




Our first stop on our trip up north: Frankenmuth! We ate at Zehnder's, one of Michigan's oldest restaurants and home of the famous chicken dinner!




And here is my first tip to safe travels: wear a mask when necessary!


We wore them into the restaurant, and all of our servers wore them at all times. When it's time to eat, remove it. Simple. And of course, lots of hand sanitizing.


If we were mingling among others (here, we are watching the Bavarian Inn's Glockenspiel), we wore masks, too.




And if we were outside and there were no people around, then we took the masks off and breathed the fresh air whenever possible.


As you can see, the sidewalks were not crowded with people. One of our strategies was to plan our trip during the week and not the weekend. I think this really worked in our favor. No crowds.

How do I take my coffee? Seriously. Very seriously. 😀



Tomorrow, I will show you our next stop, along with our thoughts on overnight accommodations.Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment: