Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Card For Pastor

 


Our pastor celebrated his 70th birthday this week! Pastor Tom grew up on a farm not far from here, and the farming life often fits so perfectly into his sermons. I knew I wanted to make him a farm card!


When you open the doors, you find this:


You may be wondering...how did I make those straw bales? Well, here is my secret:


I used the inside die from Background Basics: Birch dies! I cut the panel out on saffron card stock, then used scissors to cut the bales. Easy!


I liked this verse for the inside, as it pairs well with the sunrise theme.


{Today's Brew: PTI On The Farm stamps and dies, PTI Shape Up Series Barn die, PTI Background Basics Birch dies, Lawn Fawn sunshine die, MFT cloud stencils, Concord and 9th woodgrain stamp, PTI New Every Morning sentiment}

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

2 comments:

  1. So perfect for your pastor and his background. My father always gravitated to barn art pieces as he also grew up on a farm. I love that Mix & Mat: Plaid die and it did create a hay bale look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome!! I love how the barn die fills up your card front.

    ReplyDelete