Friday, October 23, 2020

Nostalgic for Stamping

 


Do you ever get nostalgic for stamping? Not die-cutting. Just good old fashioned ink to card stock?

I've felt that way recently.

I like some of my dies as much as the next person. But I am starting to feel like they have taken over the paper crafting industry in an effort to bankrupt us. And not only are they expensive, but they are often times unnecessary. 

Too often, they give a result that looks like, well, Hallmark. Mass-produced from a factory. Not hand crafted.

I discovered a new-to-me stamp company from the UK recently that makes lovely stamps, and they are quite inexpensive, too! Have you ever purchased Woodware stamps? They have a whole collection from the artist Jane Gill that features her lino-cut art. I have dabbled in lino-cut, and I love the look. 

As soon as I saw the images, my mind started racing with the possibilities! Ink to paper! Or colored images! Or ink blended background techniques with dark stamped image overlays!


For this card, I went back to an old old coloring technique I haven't used in ages! Prisma colored pencils paired with Prisma markers! 


I have always liked the look of colored pencil on kraft card stock! I gave everything a little black ink speckling when I was done.


I am going on a craft retreat next week, and these new stamps are going with me. I can't wait to play!

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment