Thursday, January 21, 2021

From Dish Towels to Café Curtains

 


I decided that the kitchen window needed a little refresh. Now that we have added white appliances and painted the tile backsplash white, I felt like the old buffalo check tan curtains were just too...tan. I wanted something crisp and white with just a hint of color, something sheer enough to let the light shine through.

I had $30 curtains in my hand at Target, and almost put them in the cart when I decided they really were not what I wanted.

And then, while perusing in another aisle, I found this two pack of dish towels for $6. Hmm. I can work with that!


And I love them! Just what I was looking for. It was super easy. I just clipped two dish towels for the bottom curtains, and sewed a rod pocket for the top valance.


Simple and sweet! And if I get tired of these one day, Hello! New dish towels!


We are still waiting for the last half of our appliances. Now we are being told the dish washer maybe  by the end of this month, and the refrigerator maybe by the end of next month.

For now, giving thanks that all appliances are working!

Blessings, café friend!







1 comment: