Tuesday, April 6, 2021

A Happy, Hoppy, Poppy Easter

 


Happy Easter! Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia!

We had a really lovely Easter this year. The weather could not have been better! Flowers blooming, sun shining, birds singing.

The boys were all here, so we planned a little fun for them on Easter morning...a craft soda and beer hunt! I got this idea from a good friend at stamp camp who also has adult sons, and knew I had to try it, too.





I'm pretty sure the boys thought I was crazy, but I think they had a good time. And Jemma had just as much fun helping them find those bottles and cans!

We dubbed it a Hoppy Poppy Easter Egg Hunt!


After church, we had an Easter Egg Dyeing contest. The winner got a prize...two fresh bottles of sunscreen for the spring/summer season.




Tip: Painter's Tape did not work well, but Band Aids were a great sticky option for egg dyeing!


Ed had a long bike ride, we played a lot of board games, and enjoyed some good meals together.


I made a Lemon Blueberry Bundt cake with cream cheese drizzle. This started out as a lemon pound cake kit from my pantry (and ALDI), but I decided to add the blueberry, bake in a Bundt pan instead, and make a frosting using 1/3 fat cream cheese and the powdered sugar drizzle mix that came with the box. Delicious!

I am so glad I ordered this Nordic Ware Bundt pan from Macy's last year! How have I lived without one for so long? Bundt pans bake cakes much more evenly, and they are so easy to use, especially if you spray the pan with Baker's Secret. 

Going to a bridal shower? Buy the bride-to-be a Bundt cake pan! Need a fun gift for a friend? A Bundt cake pan with a spatula and an oven mitt...and don't forget a can of Baker's Secret!

That's my Easter recap! Hope your day was special, too!

Blessings, café friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment