Sunday, October 10, 2021

Anchored in Christ

 


Just before church this morning, one of my dear sweet sisters in Christ told me some sad news. Doctors think she may have pancreatic cancer. 

Ugh.

She asked me to pray for her husband, who is having a hard time with the news. Isn't that just like a good wife? I told her I'd be praying for her whole family.


Our sermon this morning was taken from Mark 10. The story of the rich young man, who was anchored to this life by his possessions. Our pastor preached on how the things of this life can weigh us down and prevent us from following Jesus as we should. 

But we have another anchor, a "sure and steadfast anchor of the soul", as the writer of Hebrews reminds us. Jesus! And we can cast all of our cares on him.


I made this card for this sweet sister in the faith. I know that she will catch the reference to the sermon. And I know that she has put her trust where it belongs.

{Today's Brew: Phrases and Praises stamp set (PTI), MFT sun and hills stencils, Distress Oxide inks, Glimmer mist, baker's twine}


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful encouragement card, not only the design but the message. I have many of the PTI scripture sets which are so handy for many occasions. Your friend has a hard path ahead. One of my son's classmates in his late thirties was given that diagnosis and is now cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad news, but a comforting message and a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete